Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Finally, A Trip!

Well, we finally made it to the library today! Reguardless of the forcast the clouds parted and the sun came out. So, after Al finished his nap I quickly herded the kids into the trailer and set off for the library. Where I found that someone had moved the bike rack to a bad position causing my bike to have to sit in the mud and precariously balanced to boot. There was also no way to pull the trailer around and attach it as well due to the angle of the rack in relation to the slope of the hill that it now sits on. Grrrr...

I detached the trailer and set it up as a jogger to take inside. Fortunately the head librarian (whom I sense isn't so fond of me) loves my kids. So, the ruckus caused by the stroller was forgiven and if I can get some guys to go turn the thing around we can move the rack so it's no longer in the mud and on a hill.

Rhys feeling rather cool decided to try and pick up some chicks while I was checking out his books (including a rather intelligent selection that the children's librarian helped him make - a factual book about elephants!). Anyway, I noticed him showing off for these girls and one of them borrowing mommy's cell to take a picture. When he came back over he stated, "Those chicks were digging on me!" Being in a library I had to cover my mouth and attempt to remain upright while laughing. The kid is 4!!!!! Gosh, I wish I had taken a picture of him with them.

So, here are today's pictures. We have the kids outside the library, Al inside looking rather upset because I strapped him back into the trailer, Rhys' self portrait (taken while riding), and a picture that Al took of his view from the trailer.


No comments: